An ongoing study of the advertising behaviors of small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), indicate mobile payments are gaining significant traction with SMBs. 40% of those surveyed stated they now accept payments at the point of sale with a mobile credit card reader attached to a smartphone or tablet. The following infographic details these findings and more…
Some of the top SMB marketing growth trends in this survey reveal:
Mobile computing is being embraced to increase operational efficiency and promotion
- 40% of SMBs are accepting payments at point of sale on credit-card enabled smartphones and tablets
- Further, 16% of SMBs plan to add this capacity within the year
- 32% (almost one third) of SMBs use some form of mobile advertising – this is up from 28% in 2012
- 72% of SMBs have adopted social media for promotion
- 66% of SMBs rate themselves as “extremely engaged” or “very engaged” with customers on social media
- 25% of businesses have claimed Google+ Local (formerly Google Places) listings
The uptake of mobile commerce is quite striking. Clearly there is a move with businesses towards portable commerce systems that are less tied to older legacy systems.
Social Media continues to be a channel where customers demand engagement, and where there is a growing expectation for businesses to be visible.
Please contact your local community newspaper sales representative or Metroland Digital for more details on rates and product bundles – for social online marketing, as well as adding e-commerce capability for your business.